Echocardiogram in Colorado Springs, CO
What is an echocardiogram?
An echocardiogram (echo), also known as echocardiography or diagnostic cardiac ultrasound, is a test that uses high-frequency sound waves to take pictures of your heart.
What is the importance of an echo?
Your doctor will use an echo test to look at your heart’s structure and how well it functions. The test helps your doctor find out:
- The size and shape of your heart and the thickness & movement of your heart’s walls.
- The heart’s pumping strength.
- If blood is leaking backward through your heart valves.
- If the heart valves are too narrow.
- If there is a tumor or an infectious growth.
The test will also help your doctor find out if there are:
- Problems with the outer lining of your heart.
- Problems with the large blood vessels that enter and leave the heart.
- Blood clots.
- Abnormal holes between the chambers of the heart.
Learn more about the Echocardiogram.
Contact Colorado Springs Cardiology
If you have a medical question including medication requests or would like to schedule an appointment, please call our main line at 719-776-8500.