Cardiac MRI in Colorado Springs
What is an MRI?
Cardiac MRI, also known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)/ Heart Scan, is a painless imaging test that uses radio waves, magnets, and a computer to create detailed pictures of your heart. It can be used to examine your heart and blood vessels and to identify areas of the brain affected by stroke.
Why do people get MRI Heart Scans?
Heart MRIs can help your doctor identify many different heart conditions, including:
- Tissue damage from a heart attack
- Reduced blood flow in the heart muscle
- Problems in the aorta
- Diseases of the pericardium (outer lining of the heart muscle)
- Heart muscle diseases, such as heart failure or enlargement of the heart, and abnormal growths such as cancerous tumors
- Heart valve disorders
- Congenital heart problems and the success of surgical repair
Learn more about MRIs.
Contact Colorado Springs Cardiology
We proudly serve the greater Colorado Area and have locations in the following areas: Colorado Springs Central, Colorado Springs North, Canon City, Monument, Woodland Park, Pueblo, and Garden City, Kansas!
If you have a medical question including medication requests or would like to schedule an appointment for heart imaging in Colorado Springs, please call our main line at 719-776-8500.